Grab the nearest kindergartner and tell her this: Stay in school and study hard because Mississippi's long-term economic outlook depends on you. If you slack off and drop out before getting a decent level of education, your state government -- that is, your fellow citizens -- might have to pay higher interest rates to retire long-term public debt 20 years from now.
1. Saturday night fire destroys Columbus home COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Open Meetings Act violation claim expected against Starkville STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Bill targeting open meetings has Columbus roots COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. SPD seek armed robbery suspect STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. After 11 years as EMCC president, Young stepping down COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY