A member of the University of Mississippi football team was killed Wednesday in a traffic accident in Chickasaw County, Miss.
Tuition at Mississippi's eight public universities will increase by an average of more than 6 percent this fall, an amount universities say is needed to make up for the lingering effects of state aid cuts during the recession.
The Mississippi Supreme Court on Tuesday said it won't undo a circuit judge's order that's blocking an open-carry gun law from taking effect.
A federal public defender has asked a judge to delay the trial of man charged with sending ricin-laced letters to President Barack Obama, a U.S. senator and a local judge.
A state judge blocked Mississippi's open-carry gun law from taking effect next week, writing in a Friday ruling that the law was vague and that an injunction was needed to prevent irreparable harm. Hinds County Circuit Judge Winston Kidd scheduled a hearing July 8 to consider more arguments about whether to extend the injunction.
Mississippi lawmakers return to the Capitol at 10 a.m. today for a special session designed to keep Medicaid alive and funded.
Shareholders overwhelmingly approved Renasant Corp.'s purchase of fellow Mississippi bank First M&F Corp. Tuesday.
John Grisham's first novel, which was made into a star-filled film, is now heading to a Broadway stage.
1. Historic Columbus depot has a buyer COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. CMSD board buys new books COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. A year in, is J5 Broaddus saving Columbus money? COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Lowndes man found guilty of manslaughter COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. County working on possible storm shelter project STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY