Mississippi civil-rights activists are preparing to commemorate the 50th anniversary of Freedom Summer in 2014. Some say race relations might've improved, but people must remain vigilant to protect voting rights.
Law enforcement agencies in the Jackson metropolitan area have made dozens of arrests as part of the FBI's roundup of underage prostitutes and human sex traffickers.
State representative Tyrone Ellis is in ICU at Baptist Medical Center in Jackson after suffering a stroke, hospital officials confirmed this morning.
A posse of state officials and gun advocates has asked the Mississippi Supreme Court to let them file briefs in support of the state's open-carry law.
Nissan North American Inc. will announce today an expansion of its vehicle assembly plant in Canton.
The Mississippi Department of Transportation is dealing with its maintenance crisis the only way it can -- shifting money away from new construction to the upkeep of more than 27,000 lane-miles.
1. Child dies in morning blaze COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Four have qualified for Dist. 17 seat COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Columbus man arrested for Friday shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. West Nile case confirmed in Lowndes COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Wal-Mart Markets opening in Miss. BUSINESS