Mississippi drug courts face steep budget cuts in the coming year, after demand outstripped funding.
Wildlife officials say coastal Mississippi is seeing higher than normal black bear activity this year and residents should remove attractants if one's spotted in a residential area.
Tourists will soon be able to follow a driving trail of Mississippi's Indian mounds.
Democrats in the Mississippi Legislature said Wednesday they've come up with a way to provide health coverage to about 300,000 people without expanding Medicaid.
Mississippi authorities say a Michigan woman was shocked with a stun gun during a protest in Natchez because she resisted arrest.
Mississippi's governor said Tuesday that the quality of education in the U.S. began declining when mothers started working outside the home, though he added later that he was not trying to blame working women for education problems.
The new director of the veterans' hospital in Jackson is struggling to change perceptions of the institution as members of Congress and a government oversight office pursue investigations into misconduct.
1. Child dies in morning blaze COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Four have qualified for Dist. 17 seat COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Columbus man arrested for Friday shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. West Nile case confirmed in Lowndes COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Wal-Mart Markets opening in Miss. BUSINESS