State representative Tyrone Ellis is in ICU at Baptist Medical Center in Jackson after suffering a stroke, hospital officials confirmed this morning.
A posse of state officials and gun advocates has asked the Mississippi Supreme Court to let them file briefs in support of the state's open-carry law.
Nissan North American Inc. will announce today an expansion of its vehicle assembly plant in Canton.
The Mississippi Department of Transportation is dealing with its maintenance crisis the only way it can -- shifting money away from new construction to the upkeep of more than 27,000 lane-miles.
It's only 10 jobs, but that's not stopping three of Mississippi's highest officials from lauding a new gun maker.
Mississippi's attempt to create the nation's first statewide emergency broadband network has come to a halt. The state's Wireless Communications Commission voted last week to freeze construction on the $56 million project, which is nearly 80 percent complete.
Every year, the Mississippi auditor's office cites a handful of circuit and chancery clerks for overpaying themselves.
1. McDill, popular artist and craftsman, dies at 33 COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Boykin files federal suit against Columbus COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Downtown shooting injures one COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. CPD honors life-saving officers COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Upcoming bills aimed at renaming GT highways COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY