Grab the nearest kindergartner and tell her this: Stay in school and study hard because Mississippi's long-term economic outlook depends on you. If you slack off and drop out before getting a decent level of education, your state government -- that is, your fellow citizens -- might have to pay higher interest rates to retire long-term public debt 20 years from now.
1. Armyworms ravaging yards, pastures COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Holloway convicted on simple assault charges STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Golden Triangle native asks for children's books to restock Baton Rouge library COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Missing Starkville woman returns home STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Property re-appraisals show stability in real estate market COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY