The Public Service Commission may not be able to always guarantee low rates, but it can ensure consumers get a “fair deal” when dealing with large, regional utility companies, according to Commissioner Brandon Presley.
State college board president Amy Whitten defends the way Mississippi university presidents are selected, with candidates’ names officially cloaked in secrecy while public speculation abounds on who’s being considered behind closed doors.
As we age our taste buds seem to change. For example, when I was in elementary school, I despised mustard. Now I could eat it with a spoon. There are numerous nuances of the stuff, most of them not yellow, and each one representing a mini-thrill for my tongue.
John Cangelosi has been selected by his peers as North Mississippi Medical Center-West Point’s most recent employee of the quarter.
C.J. LeMaster, Baptist Golden Triangle
1. Sweet Adeline: Child's future hangs in balance as Columbus family awaits liver transplant COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Man gets life sentences for kidnapping, sexual battery COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Petition calls for Baptist to reinstate privileges for longtime OBGYN COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Luckett resigning from SOCSD school board STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Man charged for striking Starkville officer STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY