People who wheeled into Dunkin' Donuts Monday morning searching for their sugar and java fix were in for a surprise: The doors were locked, with signs informing customers the shop had gone out of business.
Nancy Landrum was installed as the 2012-13 president of the Mississippi State Chapter of the P.E.O. Sisterhood.
Mandy Clark, Master Teacher at Franklin Academy Medical Sciences and Wellness Magnet School, was a winner in the 5th annual "Win with Classworks" national contest.
Floyd Lowry of Lowndes County was the selected farmer in the America's Farmers Grow Communities.
Columbus anglers have an abundant supply of fishing holes where they can wile away the afternoon, from the Tennessee-Tombigbee Waterway to the cedar swamps deep in the Noxubee National Wildlife Refuge. But until recently, there were a limited number of places to buy supplies.
Dr. Kelly Trout has joined the dental practice of Dr. George P. Elsberry.
Veronica Young, CLPN, has been selected by her peers as North Mississippi Medical Center-West Point's Employee of the Quarter.
Building permits for the week of April 15, 2012.
Marriages and Divorces for the week of April 15, 2012.
Drake E. Bassett has been hired as President and Chief Executive Officer of the Palmer Home for Children.
1. Mary Kay grant comes in nick of time for Safe Haven COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Dist. 38 candidates face off in forum STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Breast Cancer Awareness Month: Living life in pink STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. State road inspectors embark on annual maintenance trip COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Welty Symposium kicks off with story of truths, lies and child brides COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY