February 12, 2011 10:54:00 PM
We would like to thank the District 3 Volunteers, the Columbus Fire Department, the Lowndes County Sheriff''s Department, the community volunteers, EMS, and a special thanks to the ole coon hunters who know their way around the swamp.
As I held onto a tree in the Tombigbee River and my buddies balanced in a boat that was taking on water, we believed you''d come. Even though we talked and joked to keep each other awake, we prayed together. Know that you are all a part of that answer, and we are grateful.
for The Beaver Hunters
1. Our View: Breaking old stereotypes DISPATCH EDITORIALS
2. Lynn Spruill: Another charrette LOCAL COLUMNS
3. Jaime Stiehm: House members sit to move America NATIONAL COLUMNS
4. Editorial cartoon for 6-24-16 NATIONAL COLUMNS
5. Ask Rufus: The origin of 'Mississippi' LOCAL COLUMNS