April 14, 2009
I was born, grew up, and educated through high school in Columbus. From the time I was old enough to read, I read The Commercial Dispatch and its comics. Since returning to Columbus after retiring in 1985, I have been a regular subscriber to the same newspaper. I don''t believe that I have ever before written a "Letter to the Editor." Now, though, I have a complaint.
For whatever period of time it may have been since the advent of television, The Dispatch provided us with a "weekly" schedule of the following week''s programs, each Sunday--until recently when you began publishing daily, the next day''s schedule. Since then, I have heard many complaints, with which I completely agree, on the inconvenience of such!
With a schedule in hand for a whole week, your readers can have this to conveniently refer to, in trying to remember times and channels of previous and future programs. Having to tear out a TV schedule from "The Dispatch" each day, and two on Sundays, is a terrible inconvenience.
I respectfully suggest you poll your readers concerning their opinions of this change. I have no doubt the result of such will overwhelmingly agree with my inconvenience.
Joe Fant, Columbus
1. Our View: Gun violence in unexpected places DISPATCH EDITORIALS
2. Slimantics: A tale of two tails LOCAL COLUMNS
3. Froma Harrop: Racing through nature NATIONAL COLUMNS
4. Voice of the people: Billy Hairston LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (VOICE@CDISPATCH.COM)
5. Susan Estrich: What went wrong in Ferguson NATIONAL COLUMNS