March 2, 2011 12:07:00 PM
Anyone who did not attend the show Tuesday night at the Trotter missed a really fun event. The Second City troop were just so funny, clever, and entertaining. They made good use of local places and names in their skits and captured the crowd from the opening seconds.
The real highlight of the show was when the picked Kathryn Phillips from the audience as the "starlet" in one of their skits. Everyone assumed that she had been prepped and had rehearsed with them. She was a natural on-stage and didn''t miss a beat with those professional actors. She had the crowd in stitches throughout most of her time on stage. It was most poignant at the end of a high school prom skit when her "date" asked her if he could kiss her. Those closest to the stage could catch her eyes immediately dart towards her husband Doug with a look of concern on her face. She remained ever the lady and politely deflected her beau''s affections.
Thanks to the Arts Council members who did a terrific job of bringing a bit of the big city to Columbus.
My cheeks are still sore from laughing all night long.
1. Voice of the people: Lee Roy Lollar, Jr. LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (VOICE@CDISPATCH.COM)
2. Voice of the people: Mike Murphy LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (VOICE@CDISPATCH.COM)
3. Patrick Buchanan: Will Europe man up? NATIONAL COLUMNS
4. Editorial cartoons for 11-24-15 NATIONAL COLUMNS
5. Voice of the people: Bob Altman LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (VOICE@CDISPATCH.COM)