April 20, 2009
In Friday''s paper, at page 8A top right, there appears a VERY SHORT news item about Paul Minor not being allowed to attend his wife''s funeral. I consider this to be a very important and very disturbing story. I think your paper could have done a much better job of reporting this outrageous miscarriage of decency and justice. To me, it''s a lot more important than one more drug bust or one more laying on of hands on some yute.
For Christ''s sake, a guy serving time for a white-collar crime is not permitted to visit his dying wife and is not allowed to attend her funeral when she dies. When something like this happens, we need to be told everything about it.
Ben C. Toledano
1. Ask Rufus: Horned serpents, a portal and a witch LOCAL COLUMNS
2. Lynn Spruill: The value of showing up LOCAL COLUMNS
3. Jaime Stiehm: The last debate showed us who they are NATIONAL COLUMNS
4. Our View: MUW's choices are a tribute to unsung heroes DISPATCH EDITORIALS
5. Editorial cartoon for 10-21-16 NATIONAL COLUMNS