April 20, 2009
In Friday''s paper, at page 8A top right, there appears a VERY SHORT news item about Paul Minor not being allowed to attend his wife''s funeral. I consider this to be a very important and very disturbing story. I think your paper could have done a much better job of reporting this outrageous miscarriage of decency and justice. To me, it''s a lot more important than one more drug bust or one more laying on of hands on some yute.
For Christ''s sake, a guy serving time for a white-collar crime is not permitted to visit his dying wife and is not allowed to attend her funeral when she dies. When something like this happens, we need to be told everything about it.
Ben C. Toledano
1. Our View: As Christmas Day approaches ... DISPATCH EDITORIALS
2. Froma Harrop: Charity versus panhandling NATIONAL COLUMNS
3. Our View: Debate, decision on billboard represent city's best interests DISPATCH EDITORIALS
4. Editorial Cartoon for 12-16-14 NATIONAL COLUMNS
5. Mary Sanchez: We must not let Mexico become a failed state NATIONAL COLUMNS