April 20, 2009
In Friday''s paper, at page 8A top right, there appears a VERY SHORT news item about Paul Minor not being allowed to attend his wife''s funeral. I consider this to be a very important and very disturbing story. I think your paper could have done a much better job of reporting this outrageous miscarriage of decency and justice. To me, it''s a lot more important than one more drug bust or one more laying on of hands on some yute.
For Christ''s sake, a guy serving time for a white-collar crime is not permitted to visit his dying wife and is not allowed to attend her funeral when she dies. When something like this happens, we need to be told everything about it.
Ben C. Toledano
1. Ask Rufus: The Minister's Duel LOCAL COLUMNS
2. Voice of the people: Judge Larnzy L. Carpenter, Jr. LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (VOICE@CDISPATCH.COM)
3. Roses and thorns 1/15/17 ROSES & THORNS
4. Partial to Home: Our Mother Goose LOCAL COLUMNS
5. Patrick Buchanan: Trump's enemies see an opening NATIONAL COLUMNS