May 10, 2011 12:29:00 PM
I am writing to express my appreciation to The Commercial Dispatch and Frank Phillips YMCA for sponsoring the Possum Town Mile-A-Day Marathon that started on May 1st. There were a lot of walkers and runners at the Riverwalk last Sunday and I would encourage everyone to challenge themselves and commit to walking or running 26.2 miles during the month of May. The Y has a list of great walking and running trails in the area, such as the Riverwalk, Lake Lowndes and Plymouth Bluff. I believe people can still sign up and walk a little more than a mile a day and complete the Marathon.
Again, I want to thank those at The Y and The Commercial Dispatch for encouraging us to exercise and become healthier.
1. Our View: Trufant becomes face of MUW Athletics DISPATCH EDITORIALS
2. Our View: A search for the truth DISPATCH EDITORIALS
3. Leonard Pitts: Bathroom bans -- part of the new American ethos NATIONAL COLUMNS
4. Froma Harrop: Our sick drug business NATIONAL COLUMNS
5. Editorial cartoons for 5-4-16 NATIONAL COLUMNS