May 10, 2011 12:29:00 PM
I am writing to express my appreciation to The Commercial Dispatch and Frank Phillips YMCA for sponsoring the Possum Town Mile-A-Day Marathon that started on May 1st. There were a lot of walkers and runners at the Riverwalk last Sunday and I would encourage everyone to challenge themselves and commit to walking or running 26.2 miles during the month of May. The Y has a list of great walking and running trails in the area, such as the Riverwalk, Lake Lowndes and Plymouth Bluff. I believe people can still sign up and walk a little more than a mile a day and complete the Marathon.
Again, I want to thank those at The Y and The Commercial Dispatch for encouraging us to exercise and become healthier.
1. Home Base: Christmas shopping to the moon and back LOCAL COLUMNS
2. Our View: Public hearings on controversial issues are essential DISPATCH EDITORIALS
3. Voice of the people: Cameron Triplett LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (VOICE@CDISPATCH.COM)
4. Editorial cartoon for 12-7-16 NATIONAL COLUMNS
5. Steve Chapman: Time to end discrimination against gays? NATIONAL COLUMNS