May 12, 2011 10:23:00 AM
I hope you write a story about my great grandfather who built Friendship House. He died in the house. My grandfather, Thomas J. Locke Jr., was born in this house. As you may know, I wrote a book about him, "The Life & Times of Thomas J. Locke."
I am very sad about this loss. The church is putting money first.
Tom Locke Mayfield
1. Froma Harrop: Canada can be tough on immigration NATIONAL COLUMNS
2. Lynn Spruill: A city Halloween policy? LOCAL COLUMNS
3. Our View: Ben Bradlee's enduring legacy DISPATCH EDITORIALS
4. Voice of the people: Gerald and Alice Scallions LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (VOICE@CDISPATCH.COM)
5. Thomas Sowell: Predatory journalism NATIONAL COLUMNS