May 12, 2011 10:23:00 AM
I hope you write a story about my great grandfather who built Friendship House. He died in the house. My grandfather, Thomas J. Locke Jr., was born in this house. As you may know, I wrote a book about him, "The Life & Times of Thomas J. Locke."
I am very sad about this loss. The church is putting money first.
Tom Locke Mayfield
1. Slimantics: When cotton was king LOCAL COLUMNS
2. Patrick Buchanan: Trump & the press -- a death struggle NATIONAL COLUMNS
3. Our View: The high cost of chutzpah DISPATCH EDITORIALS
4. Editorial cartoon for 9-27-16 NATIONAL COLUMNS
5. Kathleen Parker: Trump's night of sniffles and screw-ups NATIONAL COLUMNS