May 26, 2011 12:18:00 PM
A row of cages along a wall
Above ground coffins for them all.
Through bars their paws reach empty air:
Their eagerness reflects despair
For you to like them, take them home
Where they would have whole house to roam.
Or else reach fragment of their past
And feel again the love at last
But few find welcome as a guest
To many it''s eternal rest.
1. Lynn Spruill: My front door LOCAL COLUMNS
2. Jamie Stiehm: How the 22nd Amendment has hurt democracy: a ramble NATIONAL COLUMNS
3. Ask Rufus: The blues heritage of the Black Prairie LOCAL COLUMNS
4. Natures force DISPATCH EDITORIALS
5. Editorial Cartoon for 8-26-16 NATIONAL COLUMNS