May 26, 2011 12:18:00 PM
A row of cages along a wall
Above ground coffins for them all.
Through bars their paws reach empty air:
Their eagerness reflects despair
For you to like them, take them home
Where they would have whole house to roam.
Or else reach fragment of their past
And feel again the love at last
But few find welcome as a guest
To many it''s eternal rest.
1. Ask Rufus: Stand Fast Mississippians LOCAL COLUMNS
2. Kathleen Parker: The new SAT don't care 'bout no fancy words NATIONAL COLUMNS
3. Birney Imes: On the road with Louie and Sprocket LOCAL COLUMNS
4. Charles Krauthammer: The wages of weakness NATIONAL COLUMNS
5. Roses and thorns: 3/9/14 ROSES & THORNS