May 26, 2011 12:18:00 PM
A row of cages along a wall
Above ground coffins for them all.
Through bars their paws reach empty air:
Their eagerness reflects despair
For you to like them, take them home
Where they would have whole house to roam.
Or else reach fragment of their past
And feel again the love at last
But few find welcome as a guest
To many it''s eternal rest.
1. Ask Rufus: Walt Disney and Catfish LOCAL COLUMNS
2. Slimantics: John Glenn: The right stuff LOCAL COLUMNS
3. Patrick Buchanan: Has the Trumpian revolution begun? NATIONAL COLUMNS
4. Roses and thorns: 12/11/16 LOCAL COLUMNS
5. Editorial cartoon for 12-9-16 NATIONAL COLUMNS