May 26, 2011 12:18:00 PM
A row of cages along a wall
Above ground coffins for them all.
Through bars their paws reach empty air:
Their eagerness reflects despair
For you to like them, take them home
Where they would have whole house to roam.
Or else reach fragment of their past
And feel again the love at last
But few find welcome as a guest
To many it''s eternal rest.
1. Froma Harrop: Canada can be tough on immigration NATIONAL COLUMNS
2. Lynn Spruill: A city Halloween policy? LOCAL COLUMNS
3. Our View: Ben Bradlee's enduring legacy DISPATCH EDITORIALS
4. Voice of the people: Gerald and Alice Scallions LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (VOICE@CDISPATCH.COM)
5. Thomas Sowell: Predatory journalism NATIONAL COLUMNS