May 26, 2011 12:18:00 PM
A row of cages along a wall
Above ground coffins for them all.
Through bars their paws reach empty air:
Their eagerness reflects despair
For you to like them, take them home
Where they would have whole house to roam.
Or else reach fragment of their past
And feel again the love at last
But few find welcome as a guest
To many it''s eternal rest.
1. Thomas Sowell: Freedom is not free NATIONAL COLUMNS
2. Slimantics: Skin in the game LOCAL COLUMNS
3. Our view: Less-intrusive when it suits them DISPATCH EDITORIALS
4. Susan Estrich: So much for the new Russia NATIONAL COLUMNS
5. Froma Harrop: Who belongs downtown? NATIONAL COLUMNS