May 26, 2011 12:18:00 PM
A row of cages along a wall
Above ground coffins for them all.
Through bars their paws reach empty air:
Their eagerness reflects despair
For you to like them, take them home
Where they would have whole house to roam.
Or else reach fragment of their past
And feel again the love at last
But few find welcome as a guest
To many it''s eternal rest.
1. Lynn Spruill: What they deserve LOCAL COLUMNS
2. Our View: Starkville aldermen pay raise is hard to justify DISPATCH EDITORIALS
3. Voice of the people: Jim Scrivener LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (VOICE@CDISPATCH.COM)
4. Kathleen Parker: The GOP's clash of ridiculous cliches NATIONAL COLUMNS
5. Our View: In the heat of summer our thoughts turn to ... water DISPATCH EDITORIALS