Sheila and James Nasekos pose with their children, Harrison, Isaac, Karina, Matthew, and, in front, Noah and Storey before going on a LINK and CVB sponsored newcomers’ orientation tour Wednesday. Sheila Nasekos’ letter about the experience is below. Photo by: Sarah Wilson Buy this photo.
May 27, 2011 12:22:00 PM
I just wanted to thank all of the people who made the Newcomers'' Orientation such a success. Our whole family attended (all eight of us!) and thoroughly enjoyed it. I must admit that our children enjoyed getting to ride in the double-decker bus and the cookies. Thanks to Maureen Lipscomb at the LINK and the wonderful tour by Nancy Carpenter of the CVB. We moved to Columbus last May and I began daily reading The Dispatch to orient myself to our new home. I learned a great deal about Columbus through The Dispatch, but it is so nice to have an "official" welcome, what Southern hospitality. I hope that they will continue these tours. I have already encouraged several of our newcomer friends to attend the next orientation. Keep up the good work and thanks for the warm welcome Columbus.
Your new neighbor,
1. Our View: Hughes bears unmistakable mark of leadership DISPATCH EDITORIALS
2. Our View: Unemployment rates show the importance of small business DISPATCH EDITORIALS
3. Lynn Spruill: BINGO! LOCAL COLUMNS
4. Leonard Pitts: Pragmatism don't know Bernie NATIONAL COLUMNS
5. Froma Harrop: The public squalor of airport security NATIONAL COLUMNS