June 21, 2011 10:41:00 AM
Folks living in the Columbus area would like to take pride in their community. Unfortunately the paper tends to put the violent news on the front page when it occurs. I have no problem in reporting violent/non-violent crimes. We all need to be made aware of it, but by using this as headlines so often it gives attention to the negative side of our area and sends a message of promoting this activity to young people.
Let''s promote the positives at all times and use them as our front page stories. I suggest putting criminal activity on 3rd or 4th page of the paper at all times.
1. Wyatt Emmerich: The true costs of corporate subsidies LOCAL COLUMNS
2. Kathleen Parker: A tale in political convention contrasts NATIONAL COLUMNS
3. Our View: School supplies tax holiday is a token gesture DISPATCH EDITORIALS
4. Editorial cartoon for 7-28-16 NATIONAL COLUMNS
5. Editorial cartoons for 7-27-16 NATIONAL COLUMNS