April 27, 2009
In recent days misinformation has circulated regarding the role of The Lowndes County Democratic Executive Committee in the endorsement of candidates for public office, more specifically the city council races. The committee has a policy of not endorsing candidates during the primary when there are two or more candidates seeking the same office. Therefore, the committee has not and will not endorse any candidate during this May 5th primary. Members are of the committee are individually supporting candidates of their choice.
The primary role of the Lowndes County Democratic Executive Committee is to conduct primary elections for county offices. The members of the committee may vote to involve themselves in a host of other activities to enhance the philosophy and beliefs of the Democratic Party. Any candidate suggesting that the committee has made an endorsement is false.
Leon Hines, Columbus
Hines is chairman of the Lowndes County Democratic Party.
1. Ask Rufus: The Black Prairie of 1835 LOCAL COLUMNS
2. Roses and thorns: 2/19/17 ROSES & THORNS
3. Partial to Home: Icebergs as big as houses LOCAL COLUMNS
4. Steve Chapman: Trump's strange coziness with the Kremlin NATIONAL COLUMNS
5. Patrick J. Buchanan: The deep state targets Trump NATIONAL COLUMNS