October 29, 2011 10:32:00 PM
As you know The Salvation Army's Red Kettle Campaign is one of the most important means for raising money during the Christmas season to help those in need.
Starting Nov. 18, and continuing through Christmas Eve the red kettles will be seen throughout Columbus, and we need volunteers who are willing to ring the bell one day or more. We have 15 locations in Columbus and the hours are 10 a.m.-7 p.m. Monday through Saturday, excluding Thanksgiving. I believe that through the churches, civic clubs, social clubs, businesses, organizations and individuals we can have enough volunteers that want to make a difference in the lives of those less fortunate by committing for at least one day.
Remember, 100 percent of the moneys donated here stay here. This is best Christmas present you can give to your community and truly know what the Christmas spirit is all about.
If you or your group would like to participate call Major Paul White at 327-5137 or Fred Bell at 328-5659 for further details.
Salvation Army's red kettles turn coins into compassion.
Fred Bell, Chairman
Christmas Kettle Committee
Columbus Salvation Army Board
1. MSU, Ole Miss capture national spotlight DISPATCH EDITORIALS
2. Voice of the people: Eddy Godfrey LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (VOICE@CDISPATCH.COM)
3. Surrounded by cloudless sulphurs LOCAL COLUMNS
4. Our View: Old Waverly's importance goes beyond golf DISPATCH EDITORIALS
5. Editorial Cartoon 9-29-14 NATIONAL COLUMNS