November 5, 2011 10:25:00 PM
Please go to the polls on Nov. 8. We have many important offices with some very qualified candidates.
As we approach this date, we must step back and look at the best qualified individuals.
Having spent 20 years as your tax assessor/collector, I feel that I must speak on the candidate with the most qualifications for this position.
Allen Morgan has worked 29-1/2 years with the State Tax Commission which has changed names and is currently the Department of Revenue. As a supervisor, a qualification needed for the tax office position, he will know who to contact with any questions he might have.
Mr. Morgan has been responsible for collecting millions of dollars which is a requirement in this office. The tax office collects approximately 98 percent of all the money the County uses to operate its budgets.
Mr. Morgan will be making every effort to assure the public that this will be a smooth transition for each and every one.
I ask that you take your patriotic duty seriously and go vote Tuesday and please vote for Allen Morgan as your next tax assessor/collector for Oktibbeha County.
1. Slimantics: Lessons in gratitude from an 8-year-old LOCAL COLUMNS
2. Froma Harrop: Are you happy? NATIONAL COLUMNS
3. Wyatt Emmerich: We have much to be thankful for LOCAL COLUMNS
4. Kathleen Parker: Crazy is as crazy does NATIONAL COLUMNS
5. Rheta Johnson: Thankful for small moments of peace LOCAL COLUMNS