November 5, 2011 10:25:00 PM
The big game is finally here between Alabama and LSU. Some people will tell you that it's the game of the year. Some people are saying that it's the game of a lifetime. I got to thinking about something. The game will last around 3-1/2 to 4 hours and then we will all sit around talking about the game for the next couple of weeks and eventually we will all forget about it.
We will talk about the coaches and what they did right and what they did wrong. We will talk about the players and what they did right and what they did wrong. Well, we the citizens of Lowndes County have the opportunity to hire a new coach for Lowndes County. He should be a coach that will take his team and train them, teach them, and lead them. He should be a coach that knows what to do and when to do it. Do you, the citizens of Columbus and Lowndes County, want a coach that has proven experience? Do you want a coach that is a proven winner, a proven leader of people, and a proven professional? Do you want a coach that is approachable? Do you want a coach that can form and build a team of people that you, the citizens, can be proud of?
We will yell and scream "Roll Tide, Roll" and "Geaux Tigers" until our throats are sore and we can't talk. However, when we yell and scream for help over the next four years, we need to make sure that coach Mike Arledge and his team are headed towards us ready to take a goal line stand to protect the citizens of Lowndes County and Columbus. Vote for a winner, Mike Arledge, for Lowndes County Sheriff.
1. Voice of the people: Justin Dornbusch LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (VOICE@CDISPATCH.COM)
2. Voice of the people: Eddy Godfrey LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (VOICE@CDISPATCH.COM)
3. Our View: Old Waverly's importance goes beyond golf DISPATCH EDITORIALS
4. Voice of the people: Bob Raymond LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (VOICE@CDISPATCH.COM)
5. Voice of the people: Wayne Blankenship LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (VOICE@CDISPATCH.COM)