March 6, 2012 12:19:45 PM
I find it disgusting that some think that racism still exists to the extent that when someone doesn't get their way, their opponent of another race must automatically be racist. We need mature leaders in every position in every office in this nation if we are to continue or restore progress.
I would like to ask Mr. Bernard Buckhalter one question: If a black lawyer had been hired as the CVB attorney, how would he have responded if a white board member had called the decision "racist"? You need the best available attorney to represent the board, for the best price, whether that person is black or white, male or female, young or old, Baptist or Methodist, or whatever. The community deserves nothing less, so grow up, get with the times, and get over it or it will never die, know-whut-I-mean?
1. Ask Rufus: A Rabbit on a Blue Moon LOCAL COLUMNS
2. Lynn Spruill: What they deserve LOCAL COLUMNS
3. Our View: In the heat of summer our thoughts turn to ... water DISPATCH EDITORIALS
4. Roses and thorns: 8/2/15 ROSES & THORNS
5. Kathleen Parker: The coming Alzheimer's crisis in America NATIONAL COLUMNS