March 6, 2012 12:19:45 PM
I find it disgusting that some think that racism still exists to the extent that when someone doesn't get their way, their opponent of another race must automatically be racist. We need mature leaders in every position in every office in this nation if we are to continue or restore progress.
I would like to ask Mr. Bernard Buckhalter one question: If a black lawyer had been hired as the CVB attorney, how would he have responded if a white board member had called the decision "racist"? You need the best available attorney to represent the board, for the best price, whether that person is black or white, male or female, young or old, Baptist or Methodist, or whatever. The community deserves nothing less, so grow up, get with the times, and get over it or it will never die, know-whut-I-mean?
1. Voice of the people: Aubrey Ray LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (VOICE@CDISPATCH.COM)
2. Our View: City's handling of Ball incident continues to undermine confidence DISPATCH EDITORIALS
3. Lynn Spruill: Mandatory service to country LOCAL COLUMNS
4. Voice of the people: Berry Hinds LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (VOICE@CDISPATCH.COM)
5. Editorial cartoons for 2-11-16 NATIONAL COLUMNS