April 6, 2012 11:32:25 AM
Kudos to Jan Swoope. What a wonderful article Wednesday about local author Michael Smith's success in the literary world in New York, publication of his latest book and movie deal in the works. I introduced Michael to a writer from the New York Times last year and after meeting with him for over an hour -- Adam Graham told me -- "Columbus has a true renaissance man in Michael Smith" -- and I add to that -- how lucky Mississippi University for Women is to have him on their faculty. Thanks to The Dispatch for featuring his story on the front page and recognizing his contribution to the arts and quality of life to our town.
1. Patrick Buchanan: Is secession a solution to cultural war? NATIONAL COLUMNS
2. Ask Rufus: The Cotton Plant LOCAL COLUMNS
3. Our View: Sometimes raising taxes is the right thing to do DISPATCH EDITORIALS
4. Froma Harrop: Trump has media crying ... all the way to the bank NATIONAL COLUMNS
5. Wyatt Emmerich: The debate over tax and spend LOCAL COLUMNS