May 9, 2012 10:37:42 AM
I have always known Columbus to be helpful and friendly, but I must tell you of two recent ones I experienced.
On Wednesday, May 2 of last week, my son Perry and I were shopping in Columbus. He had been sick, so he stayed in the car. I heard someone call for me on the loudspeaker from Walmart. He had attempted to get out of the car, got dizzy and fell on his face on the concrete. People gathered around, the police called 911. Two girls helped me to make sure I was OK to drive. The people at the hospital were wonderful. After we got home, they sent him a letter and offered to help if we needed it.
Walmart also called the next day to check on him.
Thank you, Columbus.
1. Kathleen Parker: Trump's night of sniffles and screw-ups NATIONAL COLUMNS
2. Our View: The high cost of chutzpah DISPATCH EDITORIALS
3. Our View: Your vote is your voice DISPATCH EDITORIALS
4. Editorial cartoons for 9-28-16 NATIONAL COLUMNS
5. Editorial cartoon for 9-29-16 NATIONAL COLUMNS