May 9, 2012 10:37:42 AM
I have always known Columbus to be helpful and friendly, but I must tell you of two recent ones I experienced.
On Wednesday, May 2 of last week, my son Perry and I were shopping in Columbus. He had been sick, so he stayed in the car. I heard someone call for me on the loudspeaker from Walmart. He had attempted to get out of the car, got dizzy and fell on his face on the concrete. People gathered around, the police called 911. Two girls helped me to make sure I was OK to drive. The people at the hospital were wonderful. After we got home, they sent him a letter and offered to help if we needed it.
Walmart also called the next day to check on him.
Thank you, Columbus.
1. Voice of the people: Roger Wade LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (VOICE@CDISPATCH.COM)
2. Voice of the people: Jeff Turnage LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (VOICE@CDISPATCH.COM)
3. Our View: Newspaper carriers provide link to a bygone era DISPATCH EDITORIALS
4. Voice of the people: Berry Hinds LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (VOICE@CDISPATCH.COM)
5. Possumhaw: The importance of duck oil LOCAL COLUMNS