June 8, 2009
My wife Lindsey and I will forever remember Tuesday, June 2, 2009, as a special day. After months of work delivering a vision we believe in for Starkville, you, the people of this community, gave me the opportunity to represent you over the next four years as mayor. We are humbled by your support.
Now, before I and the Board of Aldermen begin the arduous task of turning vision into reality, it is important for me to say thank you. Thanks for giving me the opportunity of a lifetime. To all who volunteered in our campaign effort, please know that you are the reason our effort was successful. To all who believed in our ideas and supported us at the ballot box, please know that I will be driven by a desire to prove you made the right choice everyday for the next four years. To all who supported other candidates throughout the process, please know that your concerns are no less important to me than those of my supporters. I look forward to working together in striving to make our city everything it is capable of being.
Our community has many marvelous attributes. Nevertheless, I have no doubt that our people are our single greatest attribute. Now is the time for each of us to accept the charge of giving Starkville our best -- it deserves nothing less.
1. Our View: An example, an inspiration, a challenge DISPATCH EDITORIALS
2. Our View: Council should interview school board candidates in public DISPATCH EDITORIALS
3. Voice of the people: Anne Freeze LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (VOICE@CDISPATCH.COM)
4. Voice of the people: Carl Lee LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (VOICE@CDISPATCH.COM)
5. Voice of the people: Dianne Rueff LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (VOICE@CDISPATCH.COM)