September 5, 2012 11:55:32 AM
Two thumbs way up for 'The Rose Tattoo'
I had to write to encourage everyone in Columbus to go see "The Rose Tattoo" during The Tennessee Williams Tribute this week. I attended the opening last night (Tuesday) and it was just amazing.
It would be a shame for anyone to miss this performance. The acting, directing, and set are top notch. I truly believe that the play could not be any better if it were produced on Broadway. When you go, you will see what I am talking about. Cherri Golden as Sarafina is a masterpiece. The rest of the cast is equally adept, especially Daniel Talley.
I know people are often leery of local theater after having sat-through enough so-so productions myself but I can not stress enough the thrill of attending this play. As they say; IF YOU ONLY ATTEND ONE PLAY THIS YEAR- GO SEE THE ROSE TATTOO.
1. Lynn Spruill: Streets with personality LOCAL COLUMNS
2. Ask Rufus: In 1819 this was Columbus, Alabama LOCAL COLUMNS
3. Our View: 'Tell me a story' DISPATCH EDITORIALS
4. Voice of the people: Sarah Studdard LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (VOICE@CDISPATCH.COM)
5. Patrick Buchanan: How Trump wins the debate NATIONAL COLUMNS