September 26, 2012 9:58:58 AM
Support for suspended officers
For the many people that know me they must be wondering why I would be supporting on FundRazr three people suspended for liking a comment on Facebook they know I abhor. I have felt since the night of the suspension that the Council punishment was too severe for three people that the City Council and the department heads believe are and will be valued employees in the future.
My support on FundRazr is my way of expressing to them and their families that I expect the same thing. My concern the families keeping their benefits and want them to know citizens of Columbus support them as there family members are out there at-risk for our benefit.
I applaud and we should continue to support the mother of the 2-year-old who had him at a young teen age. Continuing in school and giving herself and a son a better economic opportunity in the future is to be commended and encouraged. My wish is she continues furthering that opportunity after high school graduation.
1. Lynn Spruill: Marketing the holidays LOCAL COLUMNS
2. Editorial cartoon for 11-27-15 NATIONAL COLUMNS
3. Kathleen Parker: We look in the mirror and see ... Donald Trump NATIONAL COLUMNS
4. Froma Harrop: What happened to Jeb Bush? Too much money NATIONAL COLUMNS
5. Charlie Mitchell: Cultivating an attitude of gratitude NATIONAL COLUMNS