July 1, 2009
Who said we do not have good race relations in this section of the country?
Let me tell everyone we do.
I would like to let every one know what happened to me recently. I am white and had pickup trouble about 10 miles east of Pickensville Ala. Several blacks stopped and offered help with jump start use of their cell phones and any way they could. Pickensville police checked on us several times. I finally made it into Pickensville and parked under a light knowing they would keep an eye on my truck. This is a good feeling.
I have no way of thanking all who helped. I hope they see this and help others the way they helped me and would not take any pay.
All I can say is many thanks to all who helped.
PICK huns veal commented at 7/2/2009 12:07:00 AM:
I'm glad you received help, but why do you feel the need to say that you are white and the helpers are black???
kay commented at 7/2/2009 12:59:00 PM:
PICK, maybe because he was talking about race relations?
1. Ask Rufus: Celebrating the Fourth LOCAL COLUMNS
2. Partial to Home: A visit with Bo 'Tomato Man' Jones LOCAL COLUMNS
3. Roses and thorns: 6/25/17 ROSES & THORNS
4. Patrick J. Buchanan: The passing of the Pelosi era NATIONAL COLUMNS
5. Froma Harrop: Trump as Caesar: Irresponsible, nasty, fun NATIONAL COLUMNS