December 17, 2012 10:21:56 AM
Thinks punishment doesn't match the crime
Let me try to understand this situation where Ms. Liles embezzles half a million dollars, and gets a sentence of 30 months with only 16 to serve. Great deal, how does anyone know these funds are not hidden in some account somewhere? What a deal. We all would enjoy such a retirement. By my math, she will get $31,000 a month for time served when she gets out. Nice retirement. Include me in. And, by the way, it is also known as stealing. King James Version: Thou shalt not steal. She will answer to a higher power. Restitution is a joke, she will serve a this small sentence and then tell everyone, "I have paid my debt to society." Perhaps she will write a book on how to do this and get away with it, while the taxpayers furnish her room and board, with the proceeds going to Mr. Gordman, it would have to be a best seller.
1. Ask Rufus: A Rabbit on a Blue Moon LOCAL COLUMNS
2. Roses and thorns: 8/2/15 ROSES & THORNS
3. Voice of the people: Sanity in government LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (VOICE@CDISPATCH.COM)
4. Birney Imes: Wobble boxes and polywads LOCAL COLUMNS
5. Patrick Buchanan: Could Trump win? NATIONAL COLUMNS