December 17, 2012 10:21:56 AM
Thinks punishment doesn't match the crime
Let me try to understand this situation where Ms. Liles embezzles half a million dollars, and gets a sentence of 30 months with only 16 to serve. Great deal, how does anyone know these funds are not hidden in some account somewhere? What a deal. We all would enjoy such a retirement. By my math, she will get $31,000 a month for time served when she gets out. Nice retirement. Include me in. And, by the way, it is also known as stealing. King James Version: Thou shalt not steal. She will answer to a higher power. Restitution is a joke, she will serve a this small sentence and then tell everyone, "I have paid my debt to society." Perhaps she will write a book on how to do this and get away with it, while the taxpayers furnish her room and board, with the proceeds going to Mr. Gordman, it would have to be a best seller.
1. Our View: Political maneuverings damage value of MDE's ratings DISPATCH EDITORIALS
2. Kathleen Parker: How Trump could still win NATIONAL COLUMNS
3. Lynn Spruill: The value of showing up LOCAL COLUMNS
4. Editorial cartoon for 10-20-16 NATIONAL COLUMNS
5. Froma Harrop: American brats abroad NATIONAL COLUMNS