July 29, 2009 4:50:00 PM
With the economy struggling especially the housing industry why do Realtors choose to charge 7 percent to sell ones home. This is a ridiculous fee people that have some equity in their home are being devastated by this charge as evidenced by all the homes now being sold by the owners, thus being able to offer a buyer a cheaper price. I think the Realtors in Columbus should also try to help the economy by dropping that figure to 4-5 percent. Jump starting the housing market in Columbus.
Robert Kent Johnson, Columbus
KJ commented at 7/30/2009 2:08:00 PM:
Like all fees in a real-estate transaction, this one is negotiable. You don't have to pay it, realtors don't have to accept a lower fee if they don't want to. Sometimes all you have to do is ask.
1. Voice of the people: Roger Wade LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (VOICE@CDISPATCH.COM)
2. Voice of the people: Jeff Turnage LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (VOICE@CDISPATCH.COM)
3. Voice of the people: Berry Hinds LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (VOICE@CDISPATCH.COM)
4. Our View: State flag is bad for Mississippi's brand DISPATCH EDITORIALS
5. Leonard Pitts: A speech for history NATIONAL COLUMNS