July 29, 2009 4:50:00 PM
With the economy struggling especially the housing industry why do Realtors choose to charge 7 percent to sell ones home. This is a ridiculous fee people that have some equity in their home are being devastated by this charge as evidenced by all the homes now being sold by the owners, thus being able to offer a buyer a cheaper price. I think the Realtors in Columbus should also try to help the economy by dropping that figure to 4-5 percent. Jump starting the housing market in Columbus.
Robert Kent Johnson, Columbus
KJ commented at 7/30/2009 2:08:00 PM:
Like all fees in a real-estate transaction, this one is negotiable. You don't have to pay it, realtors don't have to accept a lower fee if they don't want to. Sometimes all you have to do is ask.
1. Thomas Sowell: Our predicament NATIONAL COLUMNS
2. Our View: Social media requires precautions in absence of solutions DISPATCH EDITORIALS
3. Our View: Political maneuverings damage value of MDE's ratings DISPATCH EDITORIALS
4. Editorial cartoons for 10-19-16 NATIONAL COLUMNS
5. Kathleen Parker: How Trump could still win NATIONAL COLUMNS