May 1, 2013 11:09:47 AM
Can't believe it
I cannot believe that some idiot actually thought hanging a noose with a stuffed animal's head at the office of a black candidate for mayor of Meridian was a good idea! Good Lord! This may (still) be Mississippi, but it isn't the '60's anymore. Can you say, "Dumb--- redneck!"? I don't even think the KKK, if it still exists, would be that stupid.
The candidate, Percy Bland, says he intends to keep on. All right! Now I want to hear the rest of the story. Who did it, and why.
1. Voice of the people: Benny Cooper LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (VOICE@CDISPATCH.COM)
2. Wyatt Emmerich: Our broken prison system LOCAL COLUMNS
3. Possumhaw: The humming of a deaf cat LOCAL COLUMNS
4. Voice of the people: Glenn Lautzenhiser LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (VOICE@CDISPATCH.COM)
5. Our View: Finding good value in higher ed, MUW rises to the top DISPATCH EDITORIALS