May 1, 2013 11:09:47 AM
Can't believe it
I cannot believe that some idiot actually thought hanging a noose with a stuffed animal's head at the office of a black candidate for mayor of Meridian was a good idea! Good Lord! This may (still) be Mississippi, but it isn't the '60's anymore. Can you say, "Dumb--- redneck!"? I don't even think the KKK, if it still exists, would be that stupid.
The candidate, Percy Bland, says he intends to keep on. All right! Now I want to hear the rest of the story. Who did it, and why.
1. Voice of the people: Ralph H. Weems III LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (VOICE@CDISPATCH.COM)
2. Ask Rufus: The Legacy of Black Prairie Blues LOCAL COLUMNS
3. Roses and thorns: 8/31/14 ROSES & THORNS
4. Voice of the people: Saul Vydas M.D. LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (VOICE@CDISPATCH.COM)
5. Partial to Home: Baseball, anyone? LOCAL COLUMNS