August 6, 2009 11:05:00 AM
Thanks again for your fair and balanced paper. I really enjoy it. I feel that the left-leaning columnists are balanced by the Web site e-mails and letters to the editor. Also, the mini news articles on the national and world scenes make for an excellent paper.
Re: Thursday, July 30, 2009 "Pregnant women front of line for swine flu vaccine"
My response: Oh, how fast the people forget. As we remember, the new man in the White House
1. Will not even allow and alleged certified copy of his birth certificate to be released.
2. Stated in California during the election that "Blue-collar men were in a love affair with God and guns."
3. Written in books and stated on TV news that he was born in Indonesia, then Nigeria, then Kansas, now Hawaii. How can it be possible to be born in four different places?
How does all of this tie in with swine flu vaccinations? In the article by the Associated Press, we find that they will be issued first to 1.Pregnant women 2. children 5 and older 3. 19-24 year olds (these are our future soldiers).
Long ago, Thomas Jefferson said "If you have a government that does not trust you with guns, that is a government you cannot trust."
Summary: Question I am posing here is: Can we trust a man 1. of unknown origin 2. is against the right to keep a gun in your home 3. has a plan to give a so-called swine flu shot to every healthy person in America (24 and below unless you are pregnant.) God help us all. This complete plan reads like a science-fiction horror flick.
Clark Williams, West Point
Rae Gallagher commented at 8/7/2009 11:38:00 PM:
Obama's birth certificate is on-line. He was about two when he went to Indonesia. "Books and TV has stated he was born in four different countries"...Obama has not made those statements. Careful what you read and watch on TV. Parroting is so unreliable when truthfulness is warrented.
It is a known fact that pregant women react strongly to the swine flu in which there have been deaths. I feel it very compassionate to include them in getting vaccinations unless of course the men don't want them to be included.
Perhaps one should read about the plague that wiped out large numbers of World War One soldiers and since we have been in war the last eight years it might do well to have foresight
to vaccinate our young men unless of course.. they are suppose to die from bullets and bombs in some strange country for reasons only men understand.
I also find it interesting that many people take select quotes from Thomas Jefferson. A man who believed in religious freedom, separation of church and state and practiced Unitarianism.
Did Obama say he was going to take our guns away? Ummm, I wonder what man said that on TV
or radio. Better hide mine right now!
jimmy williams commented at 8/8/2009 3:05:00 PM:
where can i go to buy 100% gas in columbus.
1. Voice of the people: Robert Gillis LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (VOICE@CDISPATCH.COM)
2. Home Base: Dinner table debate, a family tradition LOCAL COLUMNS
3. Voice of the people: Milton Spotts LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (VOICE@CDISPATCH.COM)
4. Our View: A treasure at our doorstep DISPATCH EDITORIALS
5. Editorial Cartoon for 7-25-16 NATIONAL COLUMNS