August 6, 2009 11:05:00 AM
Subject: July 30 Opinion Page
Not a cartoon, It is ignorant
When I could believe what I saw first I was shocked, second I was angry, third I decided never to purchase your newspaper again and also stop shopping in Columbus.
As a newcomer to your state all the complimentary things I have written to family and friends about Mississippi evaporated. Shame on you. I am so disappointed in you.
Today I visited your Visitor Bureau. A lovely, gracious volunteer restored my faith and love of your city.
M.A. Flanagan, Aberdeen
Melody commented at 8/6/2009 11:07:00 PM:
Sorry you were shocked and had such a hissy fit over a silly little cartoon. Did you move here from a cave somewhere? Get a grip why don't you and-
Welcome to the 21st century.
1. Slimantics: Ban a book, rob a mind LOCAL COLUMNS
2. Our View: Your vote is your voice DISPATCH EDITORIALS
3. Lynn Spruill: Inspiring voter registration LOCAL COLUMNS
4. Voice of the people: Martha Kirkley LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (VOICE@CDISPATCH.COM)
5. Voice of the people: Marion Whitley LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (VOICE@CDISPATCH.COM)