July 8, 2013 10:16:46 AM
Black good ole boys
The "good ole boy/white power structure" that once ruled Mississippi is dead, dying, gravely ill, or just all but gone. However, the "good ole boy" system is still as strong as ever. Just look at the shenanigans Columbus' Mayor Smith is pulling. He learned well from his predecessors, much to his discredit, Remember, if you've got to lie about what you did, "explain" it away, or just hope it fades into the past, you shouldn't have done it in the first place.
1. Our View: 'Tales from the Crypt' far more than entertainment DISPATCH EDITORIALS
2. Voice of the people: George Hazard LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (VOICE@CDISPATCH.COM)
3. Leonard Pitts: Campaign 2016, journalism's biggest failure NATIONAL COLUMNS
4. Editorial cartoon for 3-29-17 NATIONAL COLUMNS
5. Voice of the people: Barbara Bradford Yarborough LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (VOICE@CDISPATCH.COM)