July 8, 2013 10:16:46 AM
Black good ole boys
The "good ole boy/white power structure" that once ruled Mississippi is dead, dying, gravely ill, or just all but gone. However, the "good ole boy" system is still as strong as ever. Just look at the shenanigans Columbus' Mayor Smith is pulling. He learned well from his predecessors, much to his discredit, Remember, if you've got to lie about what you did, "explain" it away, or just hope it fades into the past, you shouldn't have done it in the first place.
1. Ask Rufus: The stories in a name LOCAL COLUMNS
2. Roses and thorns: 11/29/15 ROSES & THORNS
3. Froma Harrop: What happened to Jeb Bush? Too much money NATIONAL COLUMNS
4. Kathleen Parker: We look in the mirror and see ... Donald Trump NATIONAL COLUMNS
5. Shannon Bardwell: The way we remember it LOCAL COLUMNS