July 8, 2013 10:16:46 AM
Black good ole boys
The "good ole boy/white power structure" that once ruled Mississippi is dead, dying, gravely ill, or just all but gone. However, the "good ole boy" system is still as strong as ever. Just look at the shenanigans Columbus' Mayor Smith is pulling. He learned well from his predecessors, much to his discredit, Remember, if you've got to lie about what you did, "explain" it away, or just hope it fades into the past, you shouldn't have done it in the first place.
1. Mississippi Voices: Cochran's tea party challenger NATIONAL COLUMNS
2. Ask Rufus: Stand Fast Mississippians LOCAL COLUMNS
3. Birney Imes: On the road with Louie and Sprocket LOCAL COLUMNS
4. Charles Krauthammer: The wages of weakness NATIONAL COLUMNS
5. Kathleen Parker: The new SAT don't care 'bout no fancy words NATIONAL COLUMNS