July 8, 2013 10:16:46 AM
Black good ole boys
The "good ole boy/white power structure" that once ruled Mississippi is dead, dying, gravely ill, or just all but gone. However, the "good ole boy" system is still as strong as ever. Just look at the shenanigans Columbus' Mayor Smith is pulling. He learned well from his predecessors, much to his discredit, Remember, if you've got to lie about what you did, "explain" it away, or just hope it fades into the past, you shouldn't have done it in the first place.
1. Our View: Hughes bears unmistakable mark of leadership DISPATCH EDITORIALS
2. Our View: Unemployment rates show the importance of small business DISPATCH EDITORIALS
3. Lynn Spruill: BINGO! LOCAL COLUMNS
4. Leonard Pitts: Pragmatism don't know Bernie NATIONAL COLUMNS
5. Froma Harrop: The public squalor of airport security NATIONAL COLUMNS