July 16, 2013 10:52:39 AM
Fostering a healthy parks system
I would like to thank Alderman Scott Maynard and the entire board for their vote of confidence and trust. As one of your newest park commissioners, I hope to earn that same confidence and trust from you, the residents of Starkville. A healthy parks system has numerous benefits, including enhancing tourism, improving health outcomes, providing safe spaces to play, increasing play opportunities, as well as other psychological and social benefits. A healthy parks system should also be accountable, equitable, responsive and transparent. We deserve the best!
To continue to provide you with the best, I would greatly appreciate your feedback and comments. If you see me out, do not hesitate to speak to me - I always look forward to meeting new friends, but more importantly, I look forward to being a good steward of our resources so that our children and families can experience a healthy, viable parks system for decades to come.
Park Commissioner, Ward 5, Starkville
1. Our View: Bill Minor: A light in dark places DISPATCH EDITORIALS
2. Steve Chapman: Opioid deaths: another drug-war failure NATIONAL COLUMNS
3. Patrick Buchanan: The continuing decline of Congress NATIONAL COLUMNS
4. Editorial cartoon for 3-28-17 NATIONAL COLUMNS
5. Voice of the people: George Hazard LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (VOICE@CDISPATCH.COM)