August 24, 2013 11:02:55 PM
The delays by the city in opening its bus service is a disgrace. Why does the Historic Commission even have any say in this matter? This is a much-needed service in this area, not to mention that it will provide some much-needed jobs.
Our grandson is living with us, attending EMCC, and he does not own a vehicle nor does he have a driver's license. This necessitates us having to take him to school each day and go back and get him. It would be a great help to us for him to be able to ride a bus. I am sure there are many other people in this area that need this service.
Get off your duffs and get this service started. Think about the citizens of the city instead of your own convenience.
1. Our View: Turnage leads assault on public's right to open government DISPATCH EDITORIALS
2. Lynn Spruill: The march LOCAL COLUMNS
3. Voice of the people: Jimmy Bonner LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (VOICE@CDISPATCH.COM)
4. Susan Estrich: Forty-two years later NATIONAL COLUMNS
5. Dana Milbank: The GOP's bait-and-switch on abortion NATIONAL COLUMNS