August 24, 2013 11:02:55 PM
The delays by the city in opening its bus service is a disgrace. Why does the Historic Commission even have any say in this matter? This is a much-needed service in this area, not to mention that it will provide some much-needed jobs.
Our grandson is living with us, attending EMCC, and he does not own a vehicle nor does he have a driver's license. This necessitates us having to take him to school each day and go back and get him. It would be a great help to us for him to be able to ride a bus. I am sure there are many other people in this area that need this service.
Get off your duffs and get this service started. Think about the citizens of the city instead of your own convenience.
1. Our View: All of us play a role in ensuring veterans services DISPATCH EDITORIALS
2. Lynn Spruill: My front door LOCAL COLUMNS
3. Jamie Stiehm: How the 22nd Amendment has hurt democracy: a ramble NATIONAL COLUMNS
4. Froma Harrop: Trump 'charm' offensive will not work with women NATIONAL COLUMNS
5. Editorial cartoon for 8-25-16 NATIONAL COLUMNS