September 24, 2013 10:15:43 AM
Recently, the Starkville Dispatch took exception to my announcement that former Arkansas Governor and 2008 presidential candidate Mike Huckabee had endorsed my campaign for Oktibbeha County Prosecutor.
I respectfully disagree with The Dispatch's assessment.
When a person seeks employment, he typically provides references from one or more of his former employers.
Gov. Huckabee gave me my first job out of college, back in 1998. Since that time, I have remained close to his family. In 2003, when I applied to law school, Janet Huckabee submitted a letter of reference. In 2007, when I wrote my book, the Governor drafted the foreword. Now, the Governor is personally endorsing me for this very important position.
Given my professional history with Gov. Huckabee, it is altogether fitting and proper that he should describe my character attributes to my prospective employers, namely, the voters of Oktibbeha County. This is exactly what Gov. Huckabee has done, and I thank him for it.
1. Our View: All of us play a role in ensuring veterans services DISPATCH EDITORIALS
2. Lynn Spruill: My front door LOCAL COLUMNS
3. Froma Harrop: Trump 'charm' offensive will not work with women NATIONAL COLUMNS
4. Editorial cartoon for 8-25-16 NATIONAL COLUMNS
5. Kathleen Parker: Hillary's heel NATIONAL COLUMNS