September 24, 2013 10:15:43 AM
Recently, the Starkville Dispatch took exception to my announcement that former Arkansas Governor and 2008 presidential candidate Mike Huckabee had endorsed my campaign for Oktibbeha County Prosecutor.
I respectfully disagree with The Dispatch's assessment.
When a person seeks employment, he typically provides references from one or more of his former employers.
Gov. Huckabee gave me my first job out of college, back in 1998. Since that time, I have remained close to his family. In 2003, when I applied to law school, Janet Huckabee submitted a letter of reference. In 2007, when I wrote my book, the Governor drafted the foreword. Now, the Governor is personally endorsing me for this very important position.
Given my professional history with Gov. Huckabee, it is altogether fitting and proper that he should describe my character attributes to my prospective employers, namely, the voters of Oktibbeha County. This is exactly what Gov. Huckabee has done, and I thank him for it.
1. Our View: Bill Minor: A light in dark places DISPATCH EDITORIALS
2. Our View: 'Tales from the Crypt' far more than entertainment DISPATCH EDITORIALS
3. Voice of the people: George Hazard LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (VOICE@CDISPATCH.COM)
4. Steve Chapman: Opioid deaths: another drug-war failure NATIONAL COLUMNS
5. Patrick Buchanan: The continuing decline of Congress NATIONAL COLUMNS