October 12, 2013 6:48:48 PM
We want to take a moment to thank all of our Cable ONE customers for their patience and understanding as we continue to work through our difficult negotiations with Turner Networks in order to restore your programming to you.
As you know, last week Cable ONE announced the removal of Turner Network channels CNN, CNN en Espanol, Headline News, Turner Classic Movies, TruTV, and Boomerang from our channel line-up following the expiration of the Cable ONE/Turner Network contract in which Turner demanded a 50 percent rate increase for channels with steadily declining ratings. Shortly thereafter, Turner Network deauthorized our signals to TNT, TBS, and the Cartoon Network, despite the fact that Cable ONE has a signed contract to continue carrying these channels.
Rest assured, we are continuing to work to get Turner Networks to restore TNT, TBS, and Cartoon Network to our customers as quickly as possible. We are also hoping that Turner will continue negotiating with us for their other five channels.
We hate that these disputes happen, and that our customers get caught in the middle. We understand the frustration that our customers are experiencing and appreciate those that are standing with us while we continue to fight for a fair deal. As always, it is our goal to deliver shows that our customers enjoy, at a price that makes sense to their family.
Cable ONE General Manager
1. Possumhaw: Corncobs, critters and Catalpa Creek LOCAL COLUMNS
2. Our View: Council should interview school board candidates in public DISPATCH EDITORIALS
3. Tim Kalich: Open government is good government NATIONAL COLUMNS
4. Voice of the people: Anne Freeze LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (VOICE@CDISPATCH.COM)
5. Voice of the people: Dianne Rueff LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (VOICE@CDISPATCH.COM)