October 22, 2013 11:28:15 AM
After holding forth on the merits of Mississippi Power's Kemper County power plant under construction, Former Gov. Haley Barbour was asked at the Starkville Rotary Club Monday if he knew of any former governors who might be presidential candidates in 2016. Barbour paused for a blink and then said, "Jeb Bush."
After thanking the questioner for his gracious question Barbour went on to say, "I'll be 67 in 2016. I've had my last government job."
Continuing on: "Hillary's older than I am. (Hillary Clinton will be 69 in 2016). I see a much larger and higher quality (Republican) field in 2016."
Birney Imes III is the Editor and Publisher of The Dispatch.
1. Our View: Starkville aldermen pay raise is hard to justify DISPATCH EDITORIALS
2. Voice of the people: Jim Scrivener LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (VOICE@CDISPATCH.COM)
3. Lynn Spruill: What they deserve LOCAL COLUMNS
4. Kathleen Parker: The GOP's clash of ridiculous cliches NATIONAL COLUMNS
5. Our View: In the heat of summer our thoughts turn to ... water DISPATCH EDITORIALS