September 12, 2009 9:02:00 PM
I encourage everyone who has not yet seen the presentation from the recent charrette to view it on-line. It is a fantastic plan for what can be done in Columbus and it is based on what has already been done in so many cities around the country that we often admire and enjoy in our travels.
Special thanks to Bruce Hanson for getting the grant and to all those who made it possible.
The report shows various suggestions for branding the city with a common logo. One example uses a generic Grecian column. I would suggest that we take it one step further and use the architectural model that is unique to Columbus; the combination of Greek octagonal columns connected by Gothic tracery arches as seen on the homes; Errolton, Shadowlawn and The Fort House. Regions bank main branch is an example of this unique Columbus style used on a modern building.
1. Our View: Shopping for a college DISPATCH EDITORIALS
2. Our View: Mayhew: From bees and beer to a center for education DISPATCH EDITORIALS
3. Bernard Goldberg: The ESPN double standard NATIONAL COLUMNS
4. Editorial cartoon for 9-19-17 NATIONAL COLUMNS
5. Salena Zito: Look to the many, not the few NATIONAL COLUMNS