November 20, 2013 10:17:00 AM
Wants baggy-pants ordinance enforced
As a senior citizen, age 78, and a U. S. Navy veteran, I am fed up with seeing citizens walking around Columbus with baggy pants. Columbus City Council has passed an ordinance, which is not being enforced by the CPD. My question is why are the CPD officers not observing this violation of an ordinance and writing citations? We have a "baggy-pants" ordinance, now Chief McQueen needs to make sure his officers are writing these citations.
I am sick and tired of seeing guys walking around with their pants down around their knees and dirty underwear showing while they are trying to keep their pants from falling by holding the waistband in their hands.
If they have no respect for themselves and how this looks to others, then I say issue them a citation. After they have to appear in court, and get a fine,and have to pay that fine, I hope they would think twice of getting caught the second time. Second offense is more costly.
William E. Meyers
1. Slimantics: When cotton was king LOCAL COLUMNS
2. Patrick Buchanan: Trump & the press -- a death struggle NATIONAL COLUMNS
3. Our View: The high cost of chutzpah DISPATCH EDITORIALS
4. Editorial cartoon for 9-27-16 NATIONAL COLUMNS
5. Kathleen Parker: Trump's night of sniffles and screw-ups NATIONAL COLUMNS