January 22, 2014 10:15:04 AM
Concerned about transparency
The Columbus city council tabled a motion to enter into a contract with a retail recruiting company to allow time to talk to the Link about their efforts to recruit retailers to Columbus. This is probably due diligence, but when the Mayor made the comment they could meet three-on-three or have a special called meeting it gives me concern that here again the council will take the decision-making process out of the public eye and we the citizens will lose the transparency to which we are entitled. Please encourage your council member to have this discussion at a special called meeting, preferably at a time that gives an opportunity for more people to attend.
On a second topic it was really heartwarming to see so many people in attendance at the Columbus Municipal School District board meeting last night. May it continue.
1. Our View: Muscle Shoals: There's still a message in the music DISPATCH EDITORIALS
2. Our View: An open and fair discussion? Don't count on it. DISPATCH EDITORIALS
3. The Bard: 450 years old today NATIONAL COLUMNS
4. Froma Harrop: Better care can also cost less NATIONAL COLUMNS
5. Charlie Mitchell: A case for doing nothing LOCAL COLUMNS