September 25, 2009 9:49:00 AM
The picture of the rainbow and old Gerhart dairy barn and farm is so much more than just a picture that catches your breath. Kelly (Tippett), you captured the heartbeat of six generations of a family that lived, were born and raised in the original homeplace built in 1920, worked and played in that barn and surrounding pasture and who tread this same prairie soil today.
In your picture lies the pure spirit and essence of family, home, and the memories that bind us together. Thank you for sharing your talent of being able to see what beauty lies beyond the camera lens when raised to your eyes and to The Commercial Dispatch for granting you that venue.
Debra Price, Columbus
1. Slimantics: When cotton was king LOCAL COLUMNS
2. Our View: The high cost of chutzpah DISPATCH EDITORIALS
3. Patrick Buchanan: Trump & the press -- a death struggle NATIONAL COLUMNS
4. Kathleen Parker: Trump's night of sniffles and screw-ups NATIONAL COLUMNS
5. Editorial cartoon for 9-27-16 NATIONAL COLUMNS