February 7, 2014 10:40:05 AM
So, let me get this straight. I'm observed driving down the road recklessly in front of Club Heidiho. The police pull me over. I refuse to take a breathalyzer test, and then I'm charged with DUI refusal as well as careless driving. I come to court, the municipal judge Bennie Jones dismisses my DUI charge, and instead I'm charged with reckless driving, a misdemeanor. Wow, that is great! All I have to do is refuse to take the breath test, and I can get away with it. I probably wasn't guilty anyway. Wait a minute, I forgot something, I'm not the mayor's son. But, that probably doesn't have a thing to do with the judge's decision, so maybe it will work for me too!
1. Lynn Spruill: Meditation LOCAL COLUMNS
2. Voice of the people: Ralph H. Weems III LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (VOICE@CDISPATCH.COM)
3. Ask Rufus: The Legacy of Black Prairie Blues LOCAL COLUMNS
4. Our View: Body cameras can protect citizens, police alike DISPATCH EDITORIALS
5. Roses and thorns: 8/31/14 ROSES & THORNS