October 3, 2009 8:32:00 PM
There have been many prophets who said
"Believe and be raised from the dead."
Although it is quite clever
To make us live forever,
Could they not fix this world''s evils instead?
Thom Geiger commented at 10/3/2009 10:08:00 PM:
Amen to that, Mr. Vydas.
Abraham commented at 10/7/2009 11:28:00 AM:
If God is real, then He might send some "true prophets" to reveal to mankind what God wants us to do in this world, things like being a good Samaritan. And such a God might send prophets that might even tell us about eternity (the part of reality where we shall exist the longest). If one does not believe in God, then why should such a person waste his time analyzing a "prophet" that proclaims a message from a being who does not exist. On the other hand, if one believes in God, why should my interest (what I think a prophet should speak) out weigh the interest of the One who made me and Who sent the prophet with His message? Maybe the real issue here is not what a prophet should speak, or even whether there are true prophets today. But maybe the issue is whether there is any compelling reason to believe in a God who long ago sent prophets with His message.
456 commented at 10/13/2009 2:05:00 AM:
Look more beautiful on your wedding day wearing gorgeous wedding dresses that are unique and with lasting impression.
1. Our View: Public deserves to know details on Lee development DISPATCH EDITORIALS
2. Editorial cartoons for 6-19-18 NATIONAL COLUMNS
3. Our View: Rural doctor program could be model for reducing brain drain DISPATCH EDITORIALS
4. David Harsanyi: Free trade already puts America first NATIONAL COLUMNS
5. Leonard Pitts: Immigrant children are real children NATIONAL COLUMNS