February 17, 2009
esting. Those tapes should have a lot of history about Columbus during the last century. Big Jim Cox and my great-grandfather were best friends, so I have heard some pretty wild tales about things he did. One of the more tame tales happened when he was at a Tom Mix movie at the Princess and became so carried away that he pulled out his pistol and shot a villain who was about to kill Tom. The story goes that he stood up and yelled, "Look out, Tom!" and began shooting. His house was off the Old Macon Road about half a mile from the southern end of Magowah Swamp.
1. Slimantics: Rage against the machine LOCAL COLUMNS
2. Voice of the people: Mary Hudson LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (VOICE@CDISPATCH.COM)
3. Slimantics: Stennis biography brings legend to life LOCAL COLUMNS
4. Voice of the people: Jim W. Scrivener LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (VOICE@CDISPATCH.COM)
5. Kathleen Parker: Limited room for debate in the Republican field NATIONAL COLUMNS