April 13, 2014 6:37:02 AM
These kids may not be "bad kids" as Mr. Slim Smith says, but what if an accident or incident were to happen during the response or investigation and someone was injured or a fatality happened? Would that person be responsible legally or morally? This is a hypothetical situation and I pray that it never will, but it could happen. In my mind, I would find it hard to believe that this kid or kids does not know how serious this "harmless prank" is. It seems to me, they really don't care and why should they? They more than likely won't be punished or if they are, it will not be more than a slap on the wrist. If they want to do "big boy" crimes, then let them do "big boy" time.
1. Lynn Spruill: Mandatory service to country LOCAL COLUMNS
2. Our View: City's handling of Ball incident continues to undermine confidence DISPATCH EDITORIALS
3. Susan Estrich: Why women should be for Hillary NATIONAL COLUMNS
4. Editorial cartoon for 2-12-16 NATIONAL COLUMNS
5. Reviewer bids farewell LOCAL COLUMNS