February 17, 2009
I have enjoyed the write-ups on Catfish Alley. I remember the very first Bob''s was in Catfish Alley. My mama told me when she was young they had planks from one side of street to other on the second story to go back and forth. The paper had a picture of Bob''s in the Alley in their 1993 "A look around Columbus edition."
Bunky Williams, Columbus
Editor''s note: Bob''s was a legendary high school hangout located for many years on the west bank of the Tombigbee just across the old river bridge immediately on the right. The writer''s mother, Barbara Williams, a.k.a. Aunt Barbara, owned and ran the place.
1. Leonard Pitts: Michael Brown no angel? Why should it matter? NATIONAL COLUMNS
2. Our View: After failed bond, Lowndes still has options DISPATCH EDITORIALS
3. George Will: Navy with a mission in mind NATIONAL COLUMNS
4. Our View: It's easy to get excited about college football DISPATCH EDITORIALS
5. Michael Gerson: Too detached to lead? NATIONAL COLUMNS