February 17, 2009
I have enjoyed the write-ups on Catfish Alley. I remember the very first Bob''s was in Catfish Alley. My mama told me when she was young they had planks from one side of street to other on the second story to go back and forth. The paper had a picture of Bob''s in the Alley in their 1993 "A look around Columbus edition."
Bunky Williams, Columbus
Editor''s note: Bob''s was a legendary high school hangout located for many years on the west bank of the Tombigbee just across the old river bridge immediately on the right. The writer''s mother, Barbara Williams, a.k.a. Aunt Barbara, owned and ran the place.
1. Our View: Not all government-subsidized housing is created equally DISPATCH EDITORIALS
2. Froma Harrop: Yoga pants criticism goes viral NATIONAL COLUMNS
3. Leonard Pitts: America shaped by Emmett Till's death NATIONAL COLUMNS
4. Our View: Breast cancer is everyone's fight DISPATCH EDITORIALS
5. Editorial Cartoon for 10-26-16 NATIONAL COLUMNS