April 29, 2014 10:56:27 AM
Takes issue with editorial
Texas celebrates Confederate Memorial Day on Jan.19 because this is Robert E. Lee's birthday as well as Dr. King's, not as you snidely implied because Texans want to show disrespect for Dr. King. Either an intentional error or due to ignorance of history on your part. Whoever wrote this "Our View" piece without the courage to sign it and compared Confederate soldiers to Nazis who committed the Holocaust and Japanese in WW2, who, along with the Nazis, committed atrocious war crimes, is/are the lowest of the low.
William Ford, M.D.
1. Leonard Pitts: Rudy Giuliani, once heroic, now simply foolish NATIONAL COLUMNS
2. Dana Milbank: Jeb Bush, CPAC pinata NATIONAL COLUMNS
3. Lynn Spruill: Social responsibility LOCAL COLUMNS
4. Our View: Utility workers deserve a thank you DISPATCH EDITORIALS
5. Partick Buchanan: GOP platform: war without end NATIONAL COLUMNS