April 29, 2014 10:56:27 AM
Takes issue with editorial
Texas celebrates Confederate Memorial Day on Jan.19 because this is Robert E. Lee's birthday as well as Dr. King's, not as you snidely implied because Texans want to show disrespect for Dr. King. Either an intentional error or due to ignorance of history on your part. Whoever wrote this "Our View" piece without the courage to sign it and compared Confederate soldiers to Nazis who committed the Holocaust and Japanese in WW2, who, along with the Nazis, committed atrocious war crimes, is/are the lowest of the low.
William Ford, M.D.
1. Possumhaw: Mystery of the Mississippi kite LOCAL COLUMNS
2. Patrick Buchanan: The decline of Christian America NATIONAL COLUMNS
3. Voice of the people: David Owen LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (VOICE@CDISPATCH.COM)
4. Voice of the people: Lee Roy Lollar, Jr. LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (VOICE@CDISPATCH.COM)
5. Slimantics: Rage against the machine LOCAL COLUMNS