April 29, 2014 10:56:27 AM
Takes issue with editorial
Texas celebrates Confederate Memorial Day on Jan.19 because this is Robert E. Lee's birthday as well as Dr. King's, not as you snidely implied because Texans want to show disrespect for Dr. King. Either an intentional error or due to ignorance of history on your part. Whoever wrote this "Our View" piece without the courage to sign it and compared Confederate soldiers to Nazis who committed the Holocaust and Japanese in WW2, who, along with the Nazis, committed atrocious war crimes, is/are the lowest of the low.
William Ford, M.D.
1. Our View: Keeping the music alive DISPATCH EDITORIALS
2. Froma Harrop: Trump and the real billionaires NATIONAL COLUMNS
3. Slimantics: John Glenn: The right stuff LOCAL COLUMNS
4. Patrick Buchanan: Has the Trumpian revolution begun? NATIONAL COLUMNS
5. Editorial cartoon for 12-8-16 NATIONAL COLUMNS