May 9, 2014 10:56:03 AM
Appreciates the work of linemen and road crews
This is a special thank you to Ronnie Bums and the Lowndes County Road Crew and the 4-County Line repairmen.
The road crew was out as soon as the storm passed clearing Ben Christopher, New Hope, Beersheba and Mert Rickman roads.
The 4-County linemen were with them helping to get the electric lines cleared, safe and repaired. Every electric pole for over 3/4 of a mile on Ben Christopher Road was broken with big trees on roads and lines.
Thank you for all the hard work to get the Ben Christopher Road lights on by 2 p.m. Wednesday.
While I know the Cable One crew could not work until the 4-County crew was finished, it took them 3 1/2 additional days to get the phone, TV, and Internet service up by 3 p.m. Sunday.
Thanks to Cable One crew, too. While we were very lucky and have had limited damage, our neighbors had mobile homes destroyed and homes damaged by the many trees that fell, but thank God, to my knowledge, no one was injured or killed in the New Hope area.
1. Slimantics: Ban a book, rob a mind LOCAL COLUMNS
2. Our View: Your vote is your voice DISPATCH EDITORIALS
3. Lynn Spruill: Inspiring voter registration LOCAL COLUMNS
4. Voice of the people: Martha Kirkley LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (VOICE@CDISPATCH.COM)
5. Voice of the people: Marion Whitley LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (VOICE@CDISPATCH.COM)